Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I am a thrill seeker!

I made a split second decision to join the boys on their grand-finale camp field trip today to the water park. I also decided I wasn't going to be a scardy-cat. I was going to suck it up and go on all the slides. No matter what.

I am glad I did. I am a thrill seeeker! (And I didn't know it).

It's a good thing I work out and do yoga. I am not sure if I could have kept up with a day of stair climbing, slides, drops, net crossing, and wave pools. I am going to be feeling some sore muscles tomorrow. But that's ok.

It was so much fun. I can't wait to go again. Why did I wait so long to go in the first place. I'll tell you this, someone named J..., had me convinced that water parks were the equivelent of diaper pisspools. And he wouldn't go. I didn't even see a baby there. You had to be 48 inches (and under 48 years old- no back pain, heart problems, etc...blah, blah, blah...). The park was so clean and so refreshing. If it hadn't been a camp field trip I may have never known what I was missing. 

So you see that blue and yellow checkered, funnel looking thing? Don't ask what happens in there. You get sloshed around a bit. But by the third time through it, I was loving it. There was a similar one that was all dark inside. See that  yellow tube twist. No doubt I was aware of the twist as I was going through it. You can see how they get the tubes back to the top mechanically.

The boys went two years ago with camp, but I didn't go then. You know what? They did everyride with me today and said I was a lot of fun! The view from the top was worth it, too.

I also liked that I got to spend some time with other camp families in such a fun environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget