Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 6 and 7 Madcow

This was 2 weeks ago. It was a good work out week. I am not sure why  I didn't  publish it on Friday when I finished it. You can skip to the bottom for week 7's results. Madcow is the name of a progress/intermediate work out of squatting three times a week, benching, and rowing 3 times a week, deadlifting once a week.  


 Monday
Squat
70
85
102.5
120
140 x 3, 4 & 5 not so good
Bench
65
85
95
115
130  this is a pr
Row
45
45
55
62.5
72.5 a good strong lift
Wednesday
Squat
72.5
90
107.5
107.5
OP
45
45
47.5
50
57.5
deadliftt
97.5
117.5
135
155
Friday
Squat
70
85
102.5
120
140 this was with good form and strong
Bench
65
82.5
95
112.5
130
95
Row
45
45
55
62.5
75
55
So I ended this week strong finishing my squas and rows on Friday.




Sunday-I did a pilates class. I felt I had a good core work out. 


Week 7 madcow
on Monday I was doubled over in pain. It is the first time in all these years I "called out sick."
If  I had a doctor, I might have gone. I was almost past the point of usinfg my own tools and wisdom, but I really felt as much pain as it was it was going to pass. (it did pass, I just feel drained now).
Monday night, No work out. I could barely eat.
no yoga on Tuesday
no Wednesday work out.
This is not like me
Friday I went to gym to stretch and walk on treadmill.
I felt like a hundred years old.




I feel better now, but you know how it takes time for your energy to really return.
I've been taking good nutritional care of myself. Early in the week I was probably dehydrated because I lost my appetite, but I had plenty of (local)soups, smoothies, juice, probiotic drinks, local eggs once I got my appetite going.


I wonder what kind of work out I'll have this week with nothing done in a week.
Wheel chair yoga and week one strong lifts (which is not so easy)! Somehow I hope I can pick the pace back up giving myself a few weeks. 


Big Breath!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that happened! I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Share it