Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Living Your Truth

The course said it would take about 9 months to really get it. I agree, after 8 months, I feel I really get the dress guide for me. It is so wonderful to have clothes I feel confident in. Everyday. Not just clothes to get by in and hope "no one will notice." I do not have to hang out in dressing rooms for hours anymore, either. First.... I know to avoid black, grey, navy, and pure white. When I eliminate those colors, it narrows down the choices. (Those colors may work well for others, but not me!)

Even with my color card I was very slow to catch on to the colors. A few things helped me. One-getting some accessories at the DYT store so I can match. This necklace (and in the previous blog post) and bracelet are from DYT. The pants I found myself at Marshall's. The second thing that helped me was the T3 forum on facebook for those who completed the course. Both shirts were posted by a DYT senior member and available from Sierra Trade Company store.  Both have lots of texture. The senior ladies can spot sales and coupons quickly. With someone else pointing out correct color I took a chance and ordered them! I love both shirts.

Dressing your truth is not just about outward, materialistic clothes and accessories (it is fun, though!).

It is about understanding yourself and energy. It is about gaining insight and getting along with other people and acceptance. It's learning what motivates me and what motivates others. I actually find that this kind of awareness is keeping me highly emotional. It's about understanding your children's patterns and bringing out their strengths. It's about understanding spouses... too... lots of psychology...

Since my metals are brass and copper (and leather or leather-like cord), I have no need for an accumulation of gold and silver. Not to say I won't find another gold chain, but, I know what works. I can invest in the RIGHT choices of clothing and accessories.)

DYT is not about what type can be sleazy or conservative. It honors a modest style, but if you are more daring, there are better and best ways to do so.

It is not about fat and skinny. It is a lot easier to find clothes that flatter when they are the right lines for me. I've seen heavier ladies (than me) wearing belts, tights, and boots. When it is the right lines for them it looks fantastic.


Here's a before photo. I have photos of me not trying to dress-up--hanging around with the boys and all. Butin  this photo I did try to pick great clothes for an occasion. I have on a sweater with a beautiful crocheted kowel neck and a great belt. A typical outfit... a black one. It's so easy to find black clothes. I was really surprised to see how my light hair popped when I first saw the photo and the style was all wrong, so unflattering. I am totally lost. Even if it worked for my when I was younger, it's not as easy to get away with "mistakes" as we get older. It is worth finding out if black works for you or are you lost (or inviting a hardened look).

Unlike me, my son, William, looks fantastic in black! It's not because of his dark skin. It's because of his defined features and poise (yes, William has poise!) I am so glad my family can benefit, too.

With my DYT style guide, you can see above that my hair color is warmer now and more natural. I stay on top of hair cuts, BUT barely take the time to style: free and wild on most days. My hair never held a style all day, so why fight it? I was almost scared to warm my hair up( in other words- do less to it), but looking at photos, it is obvious to me that I did the right thing. The stylist said, it will last longer than what I was doing before. Score. And I finally picked out new glasses yesterday. I have always hated getting new frames, but I knew what to specifically look for in terms of color, angles, movement and I am excited to get new eyewear. I will not get lasik and I am not comfortable in contacts. I am glad to have frames that will hold (nothing against contacts, but I am wishy-washy about lasik and letting anyone invade my own eyes).

While I love having great clothes, this is about living your truth. Acceptance of others and mostly yourself. Acceptance of my own physical attributes and inner energy. With many great parts to this program what FINALLY convinced me... is Carol the founder wants women to accept their features. She knows what colors, metals, textures, design lines supports MY features. Since I have a fear of general anesthesia, plastic surgeons, and botox (AND Dentists), etc... I would like this "superficial, materialistic" course to help support me instead of me impulsively supporting the plastic surgeon (medically necessary and well, WELL thought out options are the exceptions). This DYT course is one I am glad I invested in.

I work hard at the gym. I put effort into making good food choices. I try to stay emotionally and spiritually healthy. DYT is the finishing touches.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference! You look younger and fresher and healthier in the T3 colors. And I completely agree with what you're saying about what Dressing Your Truth is all about and how powerful it is.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, as usual, you look beautiful! And I really think this is such a great program to help inspire and empower women! How we feel on the inside should reflect on what we look like on the outside, and if we are comfortable with what we look like on the outside, we are more confident! Like yoga, it seems this program is about accepting that each person is different, unique and special in their own way, and to celebrate that, love yourself and strive towards the next step that is right for you.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget