Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

IBS and Excercise

John pointed out an interesting observation after several weeks of exercise.

Most of know that exercise (ie, activity), promotes regular bowel movements. He has a new twist to this well-known fact that he's observed since lifting weights, especially squats.

Strengthening the core improves IBS.

Yes, in and of itself core strength, he points out improves bowel function.

I never thought of it like that before. It makes such perfect sense.
As much as it matters what you put in to your mouth, you must have conditioned muscles to have proper function.
Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree! Strong functioning muscles, mean mitochondria functioning which mean happy cells that do what they are supposed to, which means proper biological functioning.

    I stayed up way to late last night.. hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget