Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All Good Things, a ramble

14th week Stronglifts - For the guys, Now, I've blogged plenty about weights. Don't complain that all I blog about is birth and bf and nutrition.

Squat- 150 lbs- 3x5's this week. I am going to go up 5 pounds each week(hopefully). Increasing weight 3 x a week on squats is too much for me. I do a lot of warm ups and down sets.

OP still at 60 pounds 3x5

Deadlift 195 1x5! My goal will be 200 pounds on Friday. I don't see any reason why I can't do this.

Bench I've been stuck at 125 for a while. I am going to deviate and see how many I can do at 135 and 140, then do my 125's tomorrow. I need some kind of positive gain feedback on bench.

Row 70 lbs 5x5  no change

I read on stronglifts how a lot of the guys feel their waist thickening when they start strong lifts. Me too. Mine is thicker, fatter, whatever  I must admit. This program makes me hungry. As recommended I didn't do a lot of other cardio early in the program so I can recover and progress in stronglifts.  Now that my body is conditioned to this program I want to start more cardio.

With my pool being warm in the evening now, I can tread and doggie paddle. I will be able to get some low intensity cardio on a regular basis through the summer season and that should help burn some calories.

I definitely plan to continue progressing with stronglifts. It fits into my evening schedule well. I only have to go to the gym 3x a week for this lifting program. I can't really see why I would want to go back to a split routine or 4-5 times at the gym.

I am loving Dressing Your Truth. I have been totally overwhelmed shopping in the past. It is so nice to be able to focus on what works for me and not be so frustrated by so many choices.

For example there is millions of choices of simple costume jewelry. I decided once to not wear any of it. I did not want to look silly. Now I know what looks right on me. I can avoid styles that are totally wrong for me (and right for YOU!). I can enjoy the right look. I enjoyed shopping from the DYT store to see what is recommended for me. From what I learned it has made it easier to pick out other pieces and know what to look for. Also, I know when I wear a lot of neutral colors in my clothes my earrings or toe polish can be just the right amount of color.

I know I always liked long full skirts. I like full pants legs too. I like the movement at the bottom of pants. I also like my pants partially covering my shoes -- evenif the shoe would stand on it's own. It goes with my style. I like writing and educating in a way to keep people learning/thinking. Applying my energy to my "style" in clothes I have this example. My mom told me to roll up the cuff on my pants so you could see the detail on my shoes. I didn't roll them up. I like the long leg just to partially hide detail on my shoe creating an element of curiosity... keep on thinking. I am not making a bold statement or a soft statement, but one that keeps you thinking both in my actions and in dress.

According to DYT I am a three, but I like lots of movement and comfort in my clothes. And I also like something a little random in each outfit. This may not be all three's, but it's me. It's just so amazing to be comfortable with how I am dressing.

I may have pretended not to care how I dress in the past. But I did care. I just had no where to go for this much help to the detail.  I realize that being a professional woman who wants people to value what I say (and without a baby in my sling), appearances do matter.

The last thing I wanted to share, is how busy I have been in my office. It's hard starting a business of any sorts. Including a medical practice. We were told it would take 4 years. In seven years, I've seen several practice models not make it, but I did. Lately whatever hours, I tell my secretary she has to fill she has no problem. My time in the office has been busy, efficient and rewarding. It's really exciting to be able to really help people stay well or to optimize their health wherever they are at.

I had a drug rep come in today with a new diabetes pill. I usually don't spend much time with them. I told her, "I will not be the one to try new pills. Someone else can experiment with your drug. I will press-on about diet with raw greens and exercises. Those people that want your drugs can go to the doctors who want drugs to prescribe. I will be available for the people who want the tried and true method of sugar control."

I had a 70 year old lady come in on no meds. She just wanted to establish. She is in good health. The last doctor she went to told her that he could not make any money off of her. ( I couldn't imagine that he said that!)  I am ok if she is healthy. Someone who really needs me can fill the spot that she won't need.

Of course, I prescribe when I need too (pain, ADHD, diet, chronic medical problems). And don't be ashamed if you need something. There are good reasons to prescribe. I just don't like being pushed by drug reps with nothing but sales training.

I am glad I have natural tools in my life like Stronglifts and DYT to help communicate my message. I hope you will see if you can benefit from these teachings too.

1 comment:

  1. "I will not be the one to try new pills. Someone else can experiment with your drug"

    APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

    This is why I love Dr. Punger!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget