Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Officially Finished Dress Your Truth for my Type 3

I finished the Dress Your Truth Course for my type this afternoon. I have always hated shopping. I have always hated getting dressed in the morning and picking out the right clothes for me. I got interested as I watched two Raw friends (both natural beauties) go through the course and I saw two natural beauties become even more stunning.

As I watched the DYT videos on youtube, I like how the founder Carol Tuttle, debunks a lot of fashion industry myths out there. I have always been concerned about how industry negatively affects  mothers on the way we breastfeeding, birth and the way we raise our children. Carol has comparable thoughts on how the fashion industry hurts woman's overall self esteems. That spoke to me. The other thing that spoke to me is how woman will pay thousands for plastic surgery fixing features that are their unique traits, but she applies it in a way that with the right outward expression (clothes) those flaws become beauty marks, so to speak. I pray that as I age, my vanity doesn't cave in to the plastic surgeons.

From what I learned, I feel like I may be able to pick out clothes that will last me a long time, look good on me, and go with the the wardrobe I am building. Carol teaches if you are dressing your truth your clothes will empower your natural inner energy and movement.

I found a peacock blue shirt at Chico's, last week, before I finished the course. I KNEW it was me. It's a color only my type can wear. The compliments I got were amazing: radiating, eye candy. Yes, someone very animated called ME, eye candy. haha. John noticed how it matched my eyes. Although eye matching is not an element in this course, John went out and matched his eye color and found some stunning jade green for him (him doing that was a huge compliment).

Anyway, I felt really good in that color. It got me thinking of a previous time in my life I felt VERY empowered. I was wearing (and I purposely chose to wear it knowing it suit me, but not aware of the full extent of how it suit me)  a peacock blue textured cover-up while I labored and birthed my breech son at home.  Without a doubt that shade of blue is MY blue (could I have birth him in a undermining hospital gown, or a granny gown? Makes you wonder how important clothes are.). Fortunately I never threw the top out. I still wear it around the house a lot. My birth analogy makes me think how effective what we wear is. I am encouraged to pursue the fashion lessons I have learned.

I put my black office clothes away. I'd rather wear clothes that exagerat my eye color, highlights, and angles of my face and minimize my "beauty marks."

My house interior is done in rich dynamic colors. In hindsight, we decorated way before DYT, I am glad it worked that way, although, I had no clue what I was doing. I could wear almost all my upolstry or my paint colors, which is great! There is very little black or silver in my house. The metals are the right metals.The cherry wood is perfect.

I've been shopping over the past few weeks as I have watched the videos, but I will confidently continue to combine clothes I have as dress now that I am official.

I am trying to figure out my boys. John, Scott, and William, are all much slower in movement  than me. John and Scott  insist they don't fit in a category of personality types. But I am leaning them towards 4/2 because of that claim. Black/white, all/none, happy go lucky/raged. On the good side the type 4 student is an easy student. Motivated by grades. Finally Scott has something academic on his side to ease my home school burden. William not sure yet. 2 maybe? David ?? I am realizing why I have to nag everyone to get things done.

A fashion test? Yes.
Personality test? Yes.
Relationship Insight? Definately.
I'm looking forward to more DYT videos and on-line classes and learning.

4 comments:

  1. Denise, You look great!! I may need to look into DYT I hate going clothes shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for us peacocks! Best blue ever! Way to go! Isn't it especially fun to go shopping after slimming so much too!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really look fabulous!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Share it