Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Whey!

I like benchpressing. And I am good at it. That's what I get for being born with big arms. My arms are certainly not over developed, just big. No, I don't use they whey protein they market at the gym. I am not on anabolic steriods either. Most of my proteins are raw vegan and some locally raised chicken eggs (that eat my scraps!) I have my best gym perfomances with something light in my stomach like Bliss. I am able to bench 135 twice in one evening, but I have to take a small break in between my two- one rep wonders. Just a month ago, I was struggling to get 135 once. My strength is increasing fast. The ladies in the spinning class tonight were talking about the whey protein tonight. It got me thinking no whey for me.

After reading about Trish's experiences with chocolate bliss on her blog and researching it further at radicalhealth.com, I decided I wanted to try it and I ordered some from her.

Already convinced without a doubt, that raw is the way to go for optimal health, what appealed to me about Chocolate Bliss especially was the convenience of  raw ingredients and that my kids would like this.

I've been using Bliss since the end of May. I drink approx 2 cups a day. It's delicious! ( I heard the whey is not unless it's mixed with ice cream. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of working out and taking whey?) I didn't have to give up cocao and sweetness. I still drink 4 cups of green smoothie on most days. With a salad (a green smoothie, and the greens in my Bliss) that adds up to lots of raw greens per day. I have further learned that Bliss is very easy to make with any blender. Mixed, it stores well in the refrigerator, so it something I can leave for my kids on days I am away. 

It also travels well and I can take it with me to work or on over-nighters.  Chocolate Bliss disguises greens in powder form.  My kids are getting super greens (alfalfa, dandelion), blue-green algae, adaptogens and have no idea. Have you seen William, how he is trimming down?

Everyone I share it with in my home and office has enjoyed it. It's given me something to offer house guests that they will like ( I've never liked cooking.) and I know they will be better off for. 

With all the upcoming company at my house, I decided that Bliss and other Sunfire Superfoods will be available at my house (and you'll get to try it.). I want to continue to teach people about Raw food. If you're overweight, diabetic, on coumadin, have colitis, diverticulitis, food sensitivities, arthritis, head aches, etc, etc... we need to talk more. :) If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you can benefit from Raw foods and Superfoods.

My friends and patients ask me what vitamins, vegan proteins, and supplements I recommend. I decided to partner with radicalhealth.com so we (C and P) can provide locals access to the products. I've had mixed feelings about promoting nutritional products. I feel like I found a good one. I want it for myself and my family. I like that it is good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget