Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Don't tell them it's Raw.

Some things I have enjoyed over the past few days with Irma and our Tia(from Peru).

Aloe water. I have cut small spears off my tiny aloe plant and thrown it in my smoothie. This week I've tried something new. Irma, John's mother, took much bigger spears of aloe, cut the skin off, like a fillet, blend it in filtered water, and local honey. After watching a few youtube videos on preparing aloe, this morning I decided to do more. I took freshly squeezed local orange (from one of my employees) and grapefruit (from Irma's house), one banana, 1 T of vitamineral greens, 1 T of Sunwarrior Protein Powder. Very refreshing.

Around here Aloe grows easily year round. It's easy for me to grow or obtain from the boy's grannies:) if I kill mine.

Irma makes awesome chimichurri sauce: parsley, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, and salt & pepper. I wanted to pour it on everything. It's a lot like pesto, but without the cheese.

Irma and Tia also keep us stocked in marinated onions: Mixture of onions, Red wine vinegar, olive oil (or any good oil), pepper, lemon.

Purple Ribbon Salad : Shredded purple cabbage, vinegar, apples, walnuts, seasoning(?).

John tops his meat with the sauces. I added it to my salads and veggies.

Yum. Don't tell them its Raw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget