Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Produce Share

I love this share with 3 leafy greens, kale, spinach, and lettuce and a nice variety of fruit. I also ordered sundrechers salad dressing from greensmoothiegirl.com which was perfect timing with this share. I used the Asian dressing on a cabbage (not from this share) salad recipe off the website. I've been paying special attention this week to washing my salad greens and chilling it again to have a nice cold salad. A lot of detail, but John seems to be appreciating the chilled salad. Here is what I've done so far with my most recent produce! Keeping these lists really do help to remind me of what I have to eat and helps me plan.

Carrots  and Cauliflower- dip into sundrechers salad dressing
Lacinato Kale --Kale chips, my kids love this!
Red Butter Lettuce -- raw Waldorf salad
Cremini Mushrooms --
Russet Potatoes --
Spinach Bunches -- salads and smoothies
Delicata Squash --  Squash with Herbs not raw, but my kids loved it. They thought it tasted like
                                        apple pie. Not bad! I used coconut oil instead of butter.
Roma Tomatoes --
Garlic --
Granny Smith Apples --
Bananas -- kids eating with PB
Green Kiwi --
Anjou Pears --
Pomegranates -- my kids love this
Black Plums – Freebie from Organic Produce Buying Club with Love!
Fruit Share:
Golden Pineapple
Persimmons -- This is a wonderful fall treat.
Starfruit -- this is not my favorite fruit, and may just wash it and toss it in my smoothie.





My Max Bench on Oct 29th--130 pounds. I couldn't get it on my first or 2nd try today, but the third try I drove it on through (persistence!). It was a nice quiet gym this afternoon to do my own thing with John.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you could bench me! Wow! Way to go! I like starfruit...well I did. Now I can't have any sweet fruit. So maybe later. Speaking of local produce- I still haven't put mine away that I just brought back from the farmer's market! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget