Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Random Thoughts

It's cool that two of my followers with googleconnect are using photos I took of them! Can you guess which two? The pregnant one and the breastfeeding one. The later photo should look very familiar. :) Thank you all for letting me know you are following.

I changed the header. No more BBQ grill. Now you get another view of the river with the bird feeder. Some days I feel like all I eat is bird seed. :). My mother took this great photo. All the times I've been out there with my camera, I never thought to go to the other side and look back.

I also uploaded the chili photo in the post below.  I served the left over chili over barely steamed green beans and cooked spaghetti squash. I made a leek marinade per Kristen's Raw. Topped the rest with leeks. John enjoyed it all and said I can make this again. Don't be fooled. He ate almost everything else  processed  in sight, too.  

I keep lots of fruits on the counter. Right now I am having a fruit fly problem. I really don't know how to get rid of them. Any suggestions?. Will burning a candle help? I did light one and it seems to help today. Not sure if the success will last.

I have not wanted to contract with a bug control service. I don't want spray on the inside or outside of house. What do other people do?  Ants, spiders, cockroaches, and mosquitoes are problems around here.

One of the reasons I moved this topic to a new blog, is because I found it very hard to take care of small babies, work, exercise and concentrate on nutrition and finding good food.I really don't want to create unrealistic expectations for anyone with small babes. One BIG difference now since William was a baby was how fast we can obtain information via Internet especially good sources of nutrition.

One of thing, I have been thinking about. Just about all friends coming to my house have enjoyed the smoothies and raw concoctions I make. I only have one or two guests at a time. I want to figure out how to handle larger crowds and at least keep raw options open. The occasion I have in mind is when the boys have their double Bar Mitzvah in February. I have plenty of time to think about it. Catering and putting someone else in charge would be ideal. I wouldn't think pot luck would work for this kind of event. I'll have people in my house for celebration for the weekend. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. As far as the fruit flies go- I googled it a while back and have tried a couple home remedies that helped- one with a jar of apple cider vinegar, and I think the other may have involved balsamic vinegar. It was a tricky thing but they did help some. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget