Join me as a try to feed my family lots of Raw and Superfood. I like to write about the edible garden, exercise, and learning to love my natural expression. I am a Family Practice Physician and believe there are alternatives approaches to feeling your best.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cheezy Sauce

Now that I have 6 wonderful followers and haven't posted in years, it's time to start sharing.

I made this yummy dip, Cheezy Sauce today.

It's one of Tam's recipes. I've tried many recipes from her sight (and like many of them!)and my lack of taste for red peppers may have held me back on trying this one. With so many dipping veggies on hand and my love for the flavor of nutrional yeast, I thought I'd give it a try. Everyone in my house loved it. (William took out nachos to dip in.) I added extra lemon so the pepper wouldn't dominate. It was perfect.

Around the plate there is broccoli, carrots, and celery from my co-op. The yellow squash was locally grown. I found them at Nelson's Market. The tomatoes were dehydrated in my Excalibur. I was never big on the flaver of sundried tomatoes. But now that I can make them on my own, I love them. By making my own I avoid the oil that comes with the oily ones and I avoid the preservatives "to retain" color. As you can see, they retained their color despite no additives.

4 comments:

  1. I so want to make this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my green smoothie 12 step program in the mail yesterday. I am so excited. I devoured The Green Smoothies Diet book today. I have already had 24 ounces of green smoothie (one for breakfast, and one with lunch.) Now I am off to health food store to buy more ingedients. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this dip and it is so yummy. I made it in my magic bullet. I am going to use it on my bean tacoes tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the three days I read the GS Diet book, It was hard for me to want to eat anything else. I am having a GOOD smoothie day today. I am so glad you are enjoying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget